Are you able to give a "thumbs up" for your Virtual Team leadership skills?
You can learn how to lead a Virtual Team successfully. In this leadership TeleSeminar we will reveal some of the most important secrets for leading Virtual Teams including...
- The need for relationship building –- it needs to be done differently than when the team is co-located.
- Staying connected with each other -- sending an email won't cut it.
- The importance of "foundational conversations" -- most Virtual Teams skip these and suffer the consequences.
- The challenge of making space for different personalities or styles in the team -- you can ignore the differences or you can learn to harness them.
- Leverage the "stages of group development" (Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing) -- Virtual Teams go through these same stages just like a co-located team, but are you aware of the differences?
- and a few more...
Our special guest for this event is Susan Gerke who is the president of Gerke Consulting & Development where she designs, customizes and implements leadership and teamwork programs with Virtual and Co-located teams. Her clients include Bank of the West, BHK Accountancy, City of Anaheim, Human Options, Orange Coast College, Sole Technology, UC Irvine, and Warner Bros. Along with David Hutchens, Susan has created GO Team, a library of 18 easy-to-deliver team-training modules that allow you to build your own team training agenda.
Susan is the coauthor of "The I in TEAM: Accelerating Performance of Remote and Co-located Teams" and "Quick Guide to Interaction Styles and Working Remotely 2.0: Strategies for Leading and Working in Virtual Teams"
This TeleSeminar will be interactive - - you'll be able to talk with our special guest speaker and ask her your questions directly (or send them in as text). It's "just in time" training and development!
Dial in, share your experiences… and then start unleashing even more team power in your organization.
Secrets to Leading Virtual Teams Successfully
Friday, March 9, 2012
Starts at 1 pm Eastern (NY City time zone)
runs for 60- 70 minutes
Tom Heck, President & Founder of the IATF
WHAT TO EXPECT
Come to the call ready to participate in small group discussions, share ideas and resources, ask questions, answer quick polls, and be fully engaged as we put the newest distance learning telephone conferencing technology to use!