Hello and welcome! I'm Tom Heck, President & Founder of the International Association of Teamwork Facilitators and creator of the Virtual Team Leader training program.
My work with Virtual Team Leaders is a result of my work at the IATF where 40,000+ subscribers (from 105+ countries) learn strategies, tactics and tools for building and leading high performing teams.
The number of people involved in Virtual Teams has grown exponentially in recent years and so, not surprisingly, many IATF members have sought us out for help with various aspects of establishing, growing, and leading their Virtual Teams.
When helping Virtual Teams and the people who lead them, I draw on my many years of experience working in the virtual arena which includes:
- Working with my team (all virtual) as we operate the IATF, Leader As Coach Fast Track Program, and now VirtualTeamLeader.com.
- Working with coaching clients or teams from the US, Canada, UK, South Africa, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia, Virgin Islands, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, and India.
- Collaborating on a two year project with the largest facilitation skills training company in Canada - - all using virtual team technologies.
- Product design and development projects with team members in multiple US time zones.
- Multiple collaborative training and development products with team members in multiple US time zones.
I'm an entrepreneur with business interests spanning the globe and the strategies, tactics and tools I share in the Virtual Team Leader program are the same ones I use.
The key underlying thread that runs through all my work (virtual or otherwise) is this: I'm a strong advocate of using a "coach approach". Coaching is the most powerful leadership "operating system" I've come across and the coaching philosophy (way of being) is the foundation upon which the Virtual Team Leader course is built. Learn more about the coach approach to team and leadership development in the rigorous IATF Leader As Coach Fast Track Program, a 10-week long distance learning leadership development program.
I look forward to supporting you and the good work you're doing!Tom Heck
President & Founder
International Association of Teamwork Facilitators
office: (828) 348-4677
PS Call or email with any questions you may have.