Program Element # 2: Group Coaching by Telephone Conference Call
How many times have you attended a great workshop or conference and intended to apply what you learned?
And then the reality of your day-to-day challenges surface. Time goes by and it's back to the same-old-same-old.
What you need is ongoing support to fully apply what you've learned.
"What happens after training is just as important and probably more important than the training itself."
-- Will Thalmer, Learning Expert
The Leader As Coach Fast Track Program provides you with weekly Group Coaching during the program so you receive the support and encouragement you need to put knowledge into action.
Group Coaching helps you APPLY what you're learning in this program and outside of this program. Through Group Coaching, you'll convert learning into results that matter.
-- What Is Coaching?
-- Who Will Actually Provide The Coaching?
-- How Does Coaching Work and Is It Really Effective?
-- Does Support Really Continue for 12 Months?
Click on the link directly below to continue reading.
What Is Coaching?
Coaching is a partnership. It is based on a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires you to maximize your personal and professional potential.
Coaching is an ongoing relationship which focuses on your taking action toward the realization of your vision, goals or desires.
Coaching uses a process of inquiry and personal discovery to build your level of awareness and responsibility and provides you with structure, support and feedback.
The coaching process helps you both define and achieve professional and personal goals faster and with more ease than would be possible otherwise
Your Coach: Tom Heck, Teamwork Expert, President and Founder of the International Association of Teamwork Facilitators
Tom Heck brings a vast amount of experience building, coaching and leading teams to each coaching conversation.
- Tom is a graduate of 3-year coach training program Coach University, the leading global provider of coach training programs
- Tom is a graduate of Anthony Robbins' invitation only "Trainer Academy" and is a presenter at multiple Anthony Robbins Foundation events. Robbins is the world leader in personal and leadership development training.
- Tom has coached clients from around the world including North America, South America, Asia, Africa and Europe.
- Tom's many leadership and teambuilding products are used by trainers, coaches and facilitators around the world.
How Group Coaching Works
During your program, Head Coach Tom Heck leads a live and dynamic Group Coaching telephone conference call each week. Program participants call a special phone number where they are automatically connected to a live Group Coaching conversation led by Tom Heck. A regular phone is used (cell or land line) and no computer is needed to participate.
Group Coaching Is A Powerful Transformational Process
- When working in a coaching group, participants can rapidly share their individual/team best practices, for mutual benefit. As a result, great ideas are quickly integrated and distributed throughout the community.
- When working in a coaching group, participants can manage change quickly and respond without delay. As a result, change happens more smoothly and with less chaos.
- When working in a coaching group, company and organizational initiatives are reached more easily. As a result, the bottom line is positively impacted.
- When working in a coaching group, 100-200 years of combined wisdom from the participants accelerate the transfer of knowledge. As a result, each participant and their company reach their goals faster.
As Your Success Coach Tom Heck Will:
- Help you set better goals and then reach those goals.
- Ask you to do more than you would have done on your own.
- Help you create greater focus to produce results quicker.
- Provide you with the tools, support and structure to accomplish more.
- Help you anticipate obstacles and then help you navigate around them.
- Act as an objective sounding board - - telling you the truth as he sees it.
Tom Heck follows the Code of Ethics set forth by the International Coach Federation which is the largest worldwide resource for business and personal coaches.
Is Coaching Effective?
In a 2004 survey by Right Management Consultants (Philadelphia), "86 percent of companies said they used coaching to sharpen the skills of individuals who have been identified as future organizational leaders." -- Paul Michelman, Harvard Business Review
Based on a study of 150 coaching participants, Thompson (1986) found that "the participants' bosses reported significant behavior changes due to coaching and that those changes lasted for at least one to two years following the coaching engagement." -- Peterson and Kraiger, "A Practical Guide to Evaluating Coaching," The Human Resources Program Evaluation Handbook by Jeffrey Auerbach, PhD
Studying 370 coaching participants, Peterson (1993) found that coaching produced "roughly the equivalent of moving from the 50th percentile to the 93rd percentile of performance." -- Peterson and Kraiger, "A Practical Guide to Evaluating Coaching," The Human Resources Program Evaluation Handbook by Jeffrey Auerbach, PhD
"I absolutely believe that people, unless coached, never reach their maximum capabilities."
-- Bob Nardelli, CEO, Home Depot
Who Uses Coaching?
The International Coach Federation completed a survey of 4000+ corporations across the US and found that coaching resulted in improved performance for the individual and higher profits and an increased competitive edge for the company.