Dr. Dan Garvey -- President of Prescott College Interviewed
March 10, 2006
- Why do we "do" experiential education at all?
- What is the ultimate goal of teaching through experiential education?
- Whats the difference between a "seasoned" experiential educator and an inexperienced/new facilitator"?
If ever there was someone qualified to answer these questions it is Dr. Dan Garvey who is the president of prestigious Prescott College. Dan is the former president and executive director of the Association for Experiential Education (AEE) and is the recipient of the 1997 Kurt Hahn Award. He has authored more than 25 books and articles dealing with the broad topic of experiential education.
I had the opportunity to interview Dr. Garvey recently and we discussed these topics and more including:
- Education follows culture
- The unique demands of an experiential educator
- Personal development and the path to becoming a top facilitator
Click on the link below to listen to the interview
Download dr. Dan Garvey sm.mp3
Do you like to learn by listening? I've developed three CDs for you - - each one is filled with audio interviews designed to help you become more effective at teaching team and leadership skills. Learn more here.