You can overcome feeling like you're "running through tar" with a virtual team. I'll teach you how.
He remembered saying “How hard can it be leading a Virtual Team?”
After all, everyone on the team had access to each other via phone (land line and cell), email, Blackberry. He thought it wouldn’t matter that the team members lived so far from each other.
The team had an initial face-to-face - - a one day meet-and-greet session to review the specs for their assigned project.
The goal was clear: develop a new marketing plan.
And then reality…
The team wasn’t acting like a team at all. 10 months had elapsed and there was nothing to show for their efforts.
Working with the team was like herding cats - - the team was all over the place. Hard to lead.
Team members complained about the lack of face-to-face meetings and that the project appeared to have come to a halt with poor communication being the major problem.
The team’s sponsor needs results now. Flying everyone in for another face-to-face seems like the only way out but the cost (time, money) is prohibitive.
How do you get this team remobilized and working given the resource constraints?
On October 25, 2006 Tom Heck, the President and Founder of the IATF, led an engaging and highly informative TeleSeminar where he shared strategies, tactics, and tools for running Virtual Team meetings. The call was recorded and you can get access right now.
Topics covered include:
- Defining a "Virtual Team" and what makes them unique
- Criteria to determine if the Virtual Team is up for the challenge
- Stages of team development and how that plays into your approach
- The Five Dysfunctions of a (Virtual) Team
- Team Rules & Standards of Behavior
- Meeting Structure - a proven model that works
- How to prepare for the virtual team meeting
- Four fun, attention grabbing strategies for the meeting
- Five easy to implement technologies to use with Virtual Teams
- Strategies for working with team members from different cultures
"This is the best TeleSeminar I've attended in six years!"
Register now and receive immediate access to the recording and class notes.
Program Fee: $79
NOTE: This program is now only available to members of the International Association of Teamwork Facilitators. Become a member and receive immediate access to these and many other valuable team facilitation resources. CLICK HERE to learn more about membership and to join.