It's Tom Heck with your November 2008 edition of the International Association of Teamwork Facilitators e-Newsletter.
My family is about to celebrate Thanksgiving. This is one of my favorite holidays because it focuses on coming together as community / family and being thankful. I'm thankful for so much in my life including you (my readers).
I recently interviewed Seth Godin about his wonderful new book TRIBES (recording below) and that book asks a very powerful question:
"Are you doing something worth following?"
This question has inspired me to lead a series of interactive telephone conference calls on just this question. If you want to be able to answer "YES, I do something worth following!" then this will be for you. I'll lead these in early 2009 and will send details to you soon.
When I work with teams and the people who lead them I always ask that people stretch and step outside their "Comfort Zone" because that's where all significant growth happens. How can we expect those we serve to stretch unless we lead the way (that's what leaders do - - they lead!). In early December I'm going to step outside my own Comfort Zone in a big way by taking a 10-day silent meditation course. I've never done anything like this before and I have my good friend John Miles at Integritive.com to thank for both introducing me to this opportunity and gently encouraging me to go.
President and Founder
International Association of Teamwork Facilitators
New Teambuilding Games
Audio Leadership Training
- Seth Godin on Tribal Leadership - - one of the most important leadership books you'll ever read.
- 8 Lessons on Teamwork from the Hardcore - - professional firefighter and adventure racer Robyn Benincasa tells all.
- Famous Teamwork Coach & Author Gives Lessons - - her name is Cynder Niemela and she visited the IATF leadership development program not long ago to share her teambuilding wisdom.
- Who Is Responsible For Your Training & Development?
- Should You Guarantee Your Teamwork Training Event?
Leadership Training for Managers
- Leader As Coach Fast Track Program - - next 4-week session starts on January 27, 2009
Statistics for TeachMeTeamwork.com
- 38,809 subscribers as of this newsletter.
- Members in 107 countries (that I know of). CLICK HERE for a list of the countries.