What do the Broadway musical Spider-Man, the Indiana Colts, and Domino’s Pizza have in common?
They all used the same process to turnaround a losing team from the bottom to the top.
In the new book Team Turnarounds, Joe Frontiera and Daniel Leidl share five years of research of business, sports and government teams to explore what it takes to get a failing team back on track—especially in today’s tight times when teams are asked to do more with less.
Frontiera & Leidl spoke with CEOs, frontline managers, governors, and owners and general managers and coaches in the National Football League, Major League Baseball, and the National Basketball Association. All of the teams across every sector consistently reversed their fortunes and did a 180 from failure to success with six common stages of development:
1. Lead Past Losing. Evaluate your current state of affairs, accept the reasons for failure and identify root causes of problems.
2. Commit to Growth. Communicate the vision and values of a better future.
3. Change Behaviors. Introduce and reinforce new behaviors and best practices.
4. Embrace Adversity. Fend off obstacles to test your team and become stronger.
5. Achieve Success. Achieve your team’s goals and decide what’s next?
6. Nurture a Culture of Excellence. Turn attention to keeping your team’s success sustainable with continual learning, innovation, and maintenance of your culture.
Joe Frontiera, PhD
coauthor of Team Turnarounds
In this live an interactive Webinar our guest will be Joe Frontiera, PhD who will help us explore each of these stages and he will share some entertaining first-hand accounts of turnarounds.
Team Turnarounds include:
- legendary worst-to-first story of Bill Polian and the Indianapolis Colts
- Jeffrey Lurie’s efforts to transform the Philadelphia Eagles
- government turnarounds including Michigan’s current efforts to fix its ailing economy
- business turnarounds at Domino’s Pizza, Juniper Networks, iContact
- broadway musical SpiderMan
No matter how bad the circumstances, how awful the performance, or how far shares have plummeted, Team Turnarounds shows how any team can climb back up to the top.
Team Turnarounds -- How To Transform Underperforming Teams
Tuesday February 19, 2013
Starts at 1 pm Eastern (NY City time zone)
runs for 60 minutes
Tom Heck, President & Founder of the IATF
This event is FREE.