Free Leadership TeleSeminar -- What if Everything You Know about DISC Training is Wrong? With special guest Merrick Rosenberg
March 02, 2014
The DISC profile is one the most commonly used assessment tools in corporations around the world. And yet, while people find it interesting (if there’s one thing that people like to learn about, it’s themselves) awareness does not often translate into sustained behavioral change.
In this highly interactive and engaging session, Merrick Rosenberg, co-author of ‘Taking Flight!’ and CEO of Take Flight Learning, brings the DISC styles to life. He will demonstrate how to design and deliver brain-friendly DISC training. No more short-term results. Merrick will help you reimagine your approach to DISC training so that it has a lasting impact.
Merrick has combined his team building background of creating and leading experiential training programs for Team Builders Plus since 1991 with his experience in teaching the DISC model to more than 20,000 people over the past 20 years. The result is a revolutionary new way to approach teaching people about the personality styles.
In this teleseminar, you will:
- Learn why this is the perfect time to introduce or reintroduce DISC training in your organization.
- Gain insight about how to turn classroom-based DISC training into a fun and engaging experience.
- Discover why most DISC training is designed for short-term memory, not long-term retention and application.
- Find out how to turn DISC training into a process not an event by reinforcing the learning throughout the year.
Attendees will learn how to re-imagine DISC training by:
- Refocusing DISC training from awareness to results
- Repackaging the styles to shift from empty letters to metaphoric symbols
- Revitalizing training to involve the participants
- Reallocating time from profiles and graphs to skills and application
- Rebranding the message to shift from learning about letters to learning skills and applying principles
Overall, participants will learn what to look for when offering or designing DISC training to be delivered in their organization.This will allow the power of the DISC styles to be infused into their organizational culture.
This session is designed for anyone who has a personality or knows someone who does!
About our special guest Merrick Rosenburg
Merrick is an experienced speaker, facilitator, performance coach, author, and entrepreneur. He co-founded Team Builders Plus in 1991 and Take Flight Learning in 2013. Merrick has worked with more than half of the Fortune 100 companies in the US and around the world.
As President of Team Builders Plus, he led his organization to the be selected by the Philadelphia Business Journal as one of the Fastest Growing Companies and Best Places to Work in the Philadelphia region. Under his leadership, Team Builders Plus was selected as the New Jersey Business of the Year by NJ Biz magazine.
Merrick co-authored Taking Flight: Master the DISC Styles and Transform Your Career, Your Relationships…Your Life. In fact, Ken Blanchard called ‘Taking Flight!’ “an instant classic” and Marshall Goldsmith noted, “You’ll never look at people quite the same way again.”
Merrick was a guest during the IATF TeleSeminar series called "The Spiritual Nature of Team Building". Listen to the interview with Merrick HERE.
Watch Merrick's TEDx talk HERE.
What if Everything You Know about DISC Training is Wrong?
Thursday March 6, 2014
Starts at 1 pm Eastern (NY City time zone) and runs 60 minutes
Merrick Rosenburg, President of Team Builders Plus
Tom Heck, President & Founder of the IATF
Registration is closed.
This event is FREE.
This TeleSeminar was recorded and is now archived in the new IATF Members Only Area. Become a member for FREE and access the recording for FREE. Membership information is HERE.